Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Red Rivers Speak


My red river
Red-crusted river

Orphaned by day
Reddening
Over a surface
Of pale mourning light
Like the essence
Of her
Purple hazy eyes

Oh! Purple hazy eyes
Purple and red
A litany
Of translucent woes
Ductile and malleable
As whore-love


My red river
Tinkling
With the sound
Of anorexic buffaloes
Protruding ribs
Like taut emaciated
Rainbows
Wading through
Deep bellied grunts
And empty gazes
In claustrophobic
Dreams

My red river
Seductress of
The nightbird’s song
Piercing my red river
Like spiralling
Screams
In the space
Between my nails
In empty graveyards
Where dogs scamper
Over decomposed memories
Of my red river
A lethal concoction
Of implausible glances
And persistent queries
Of god and whores
Makes my red river
Red
Redder

My red river
Exists
In me

2 comments:

  1. what can i say..its a wonderful poem.....wat i like about ds poem is the something that i cd feel tug at my heartstrings as i ws reading it/....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your comment ba...will try to write better....

    ReplyDelete