Thursday, October 22, 2009

Letter

Hill, today I question
The sins of your blemished birth
The unholy union of tepid rain
With the hungry, crying dust
Today I question the echoing water
Which made me fall in love
With the soil of my promised earth

Hill,I am a mirage
My roots are like false promises
Which women use like charms
I am the child of this craving earth
The love of this blossoming flower
Hill, I’m the childhood
Which manikda deserted
After he became a widowmaker

Hill today I question
The barren wombs of our forests
Which once bred echoing dreams
The sweet breath of the golden water
Hill, Today I question
The robust bosom of my beloved
Which blossomed like a shy virgin
Now wilted like our widowed earth

1 comment:

  1. In you questions a long trail of pain sometimes rises and sometimes falls, I find you saying much in least words, hinting much in your silence that runs along your words.... Thanks for sharing Anurag!!!

    ReplyDelete