Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Winter

I never understood these mute chasms
Which separate us in this hopeless exile
These shadows cast by the fire in our hearts
Many long winters have passed and
Yet I brandish this forgotten childhood
Like a talisman to ward off evil

My mother is concerned with rice and gold
She wants me to go to the fields and reap
Hope in this wintry haze. But beloved, only
You and I know the pains of this indifferent
Existence, living like strangers
In this misty rain

Meanwhile, Winter comes like a
Shy widow, unveiling its lust in
The smoke of an early morning fag.

My mother makes tea for me

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice lines my boy..
    suggestions--
    a)Meanwhile, Winter comes like a
    Shy widow, ...here 'like a' can come in d next line probably..ie
    Meanwhile, Winter comes in*
    like a shy widow,
    *in is suggestive here
    b)My mother makes tea for me here
    maybe it could be
    Meanwhile, my mother makes tea for me

    ReplyDelete