Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stray Thoughts

Words fail me when my mind wanders
My thoughts rot like an unheeded wound
Decaying with profuse malodour
Like the drains by the blood drenched streets of death
Nostalgia comes over my soul
My ears turn deaf
My body flaccid
And my lips sealed tight
With the dough of your sweet body
My eyes burn
With your inciting fragrance
Blood gushes down my body
As you let loose your hair
My palms are sweaty
And my lips tremble
Yet you remain as placid
As the sky on a moonlit night
When the shiuli flowers
Let out their sweet fumes
And the ghost in the trees
Lies in ambush
I lie in a rut, dreaming
Ruminating...
Your well oiled hair
Dark as the night
On a Kalbaisakhi storm
Evil and inviting
The lust of delving into the unknown
The sheer thrill of smelling up close
The smell of Cantheridine in your hair
Reminds of some ghostly figure
Reserructed from the dark of the past
Sweet and loving days
Of sitting by the pukur
Watching the maids Wash clothes
The lather rising, frothing,
With millions of bubbles
Like the egg of the hilsa fish
Containing a million granules
And now devoured forever
Oh! How I miss those lazy afternoons
Dreaming of your companionship
Yet I say
Now my fulfillment
Turns to frustration
Like the kite that soars high
Yet fails to touch the sky
Let me touch your body
The soul would be a bit difficult
At least I can see you
Till the world itself
Destroys itself
And vanishes into the unknown

2 comments:

  1. http://stygianshade.blogspot.com/
    this blog blongs2a frend of mine .just check ds..in cae u like it..........s4ds poem it is good...n quite matured......gdluck wd ur blogging n wl keep vsiting it2catch ur new(er) additions....

    gd luck.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx a lot for the comment :)

    Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete